This Trademark Usage Policy is effective from 19 December 2018.
This policy sets out the use of the Staffbase’s trademarks. If granted permission to use Staffbase’s trademarks, you must always follow this Trademark Usage Policy (“TUP”), and Staffbase exclusively owns any goodwill generated by the use of Staffbase’s trademarks.
You may use Staffbase’s trademarks, product names, service names and other names in text to refer to Staffbase’s services, products, and other technology we provide, but only if you follow this TUP, and your use is fair, accurate, and does not mislead.
How to use our trademarks and branding correctly:
- Follow Staffbase’s design guidelines.
- Use Staffbase’s trademark only as an adjective, never as a noun or verb, and never in the plural or possessive form
- Never use Staffbase’s trademark as a generic term for the product category.
Use of the Staffbase name or trademarks or branding in your app
At Staffbase we do love our customers! While we are flattered that you are considering using our trademarks, name, or branding as part of the branding or name for your employee app, we ask that you find an alternative so that we can make things easier on our (very overworked, but most excellent) legal department.
Prohibited uses of our trademarks and branding:
While it is a bit boring, we do need to list some prohibited uses of our trademarks and branding:
- Do not remove, distort or alter any element of Staffbase’s trademarks or branding. That includes modifying an Staffbase trademark, for example, through hyphenation, combination, or abbreviation.
- Do not shorten, abbreviate, or create acronyms out of Staffbase trademarks.
- Do not use Staffbase’s trademarks more prominently than your own trademarks, name, trade name, product name, service name, or other name. You should distinguish these names visually from any Staffbase trademark or other name.
- Do not use Staffbase’s trademarks in any manner that expresses or implies Staffbase has any affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, certification, or approval of your product, service, or company, unless specifically authorized by Staffbase.
- Do not display a Staffbase trademark or branding in a manner that in Staffbase’s sole opinion is misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, obscene, or otherwise objectionable to Staffbase (this is in no way meant to discourage criticism, opinion, or commentary).
- Do not display Staffbase trademarks or branding on a site or on material that violates any law or regulation.
- Do not use Staffbase trademarks in false or misleading advertising.
- Do not incorporate Staffbase trademarks or branding into your own product name, service names, trademarks, logos, or company names.
- Do not adopt marks, logos, slogans, or designs that are confusingly similar to Staffbase’s trademarks or branding.
- Do not copy or imitate Staffbase’s trade dress, including the look and feel of Staffbase web design properties or Staffbase brand elements, distinctive color combinations, typography, graphic designs, product icons, or imagery associated with Staffbase.
- Do not use or register Staffbase trademarks as or incorporated in social media account names, profiles, or aliases.
- Do not register Staffbase trademarks as second or third level domain names.
- Do not use Staffbase trademarks in a way that suggests a common, descriptive, or generic meaning.
- Do not use the registration symbol (®) in connection with marks in countries where our marks have not been registered. Trademark rights vary from country to country.
If you have general questions about trademarks not addressed by this policy or our design guidelines, please contact our legal department at legal@Staffbase.com with “[TM QUERY]” in the subject line.
If we provide you additional written requirements (size, typeface, colors, etc.) at the time of our permission, you must use these requirements before using our trademarks or branding. If we provide these requirements after we initially gave our permission, you must implement them within a commercially reasonable timeframe.
If you’ve found a website that uses a Staffbase trademark inappropriately, please let us know at legal@Staffbase.com with “[IP NOTICE]” in the subject line.
Staffbase’s trademarks include the following list. The absence of any Staffbase trademark, product name, service name, or any other name from this list does not waive Staffbase’s intellectual property rights.
- STAFFBASE – trademark or registered trademark in Germany, the European Union, the United States and elsewhere.