Staffbase is an enterprise SaaS platform that helps HR and Communication leaders to transform their organisations into places where people feel connected and proud to come to work. Staffbase is the first employee experience platform to let employers and employees connect authentically, right through their mobile phone.
Headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, Staffbase is a global company with offices in Dresden, Cologne, Amsterdam, New York and London. Our international team of more than 200 happy employees from 20+ nationalities serve a rapidly expanding portfolio of customers who want to revolutionise the employee experience. Founded 5 years ago, we have strong-growing revenue and our customers love us.
We are looking for Backend Developers to join the team! This role is a full-time, permanent position and should ideally be based in Chemnitz or Dresden. Staffbase offers the opportunity to grow in a dynamic environment and to be part of our exciting mission!
Your tasks include:
- Your main concern is the development and improvement of our RESTful backend services.
- You will work in a cross-functional Scrum team, i.e. a startup in a startup.
- Produce quality and tested code, leaving things better than you found them.
- Give and receive valuable and constructive feedback in our code review practice.
- Lean and grow continuously - and share your knowledge with your peers.
- Be agile and open for feedback.
- Take ownership for the topics you care about, ranging from the features you produce over the quality of our work to the environment we work in.
- You work iteratively and push code frequently, you also make sure to have a good CI/CD pipeline and you care for automation.
- You like solving problems and working within a team to produce world-class software.
- You are passionate about the things you build.
- You have experience in Kotlin, Go or Java.
- Ideally, you have worked with MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis or Kafka before and have an understanding of REST and Microservices.
- Preferably, you have worked in an agile environment before.
- You value quality as well as clean code and learning new things.
- Good English skills.
Benefits & environment:
- Work with like-minded people and top tech talent.
- We try to be agile and not just do agile, our organisation, processes, architecture and tech stack is constantly evolving and improving.
- We value sustainable peace and work-life balance and we know the importance of team events outside of a work environment. Also, we value „You build it, you run it“.
- Hackathons, meetups, coding dojos, LAN parties, laser tag, weekly talks t our Devquila and many more awesome highlights.
- Budget for conferences, workshops and so on. Next to that, every employee gets a personal growth budget of €1.800 +1 day for personal development (2 days after the first year).
- A notebook of your choice and home office set-up is included in the package. Same goes for drinks and snacks in our office.