Senior Financial Analyst
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts roughly 600 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
As our Financial Analyst, FP&A, you will be a key business partner to department leaders and support their teams with financial decision-making. You will join a growing FP&A team that is scaling financial processes and implementing new systems to become IPO-ready. We are looking for an analytical, data-driven, and detail-oriented FP&A professional to support our next phase of growth.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide business partnering support to selected executives by modeling the financial impact of initiatives and expenses
- Deliver training and enablement to department heads so that they can complete their budgets and forecasts in a complete and accurate manner
- Using Workday Adaptive Planning, investigate monthly/quarterly variances to budget and report actionable insights to department heads and Finance leadership
- Maintain system data integrity within our forecasting & planning tool, Workday Adaptive Planning, by validating data points like cost centers, headcount, and vendor expenses
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders across the business, in particular Accounting and HR, to ensure that planning and forecasting is well-structured, efficient, and accurate
- Support the preparation of the annual budget as well as rolling monthly forecasts of P/L, cash, and key financial metrics
- Assist with periodic investor reporting by summarizing key performance metrics, analyzing spend, and highlighting financial risks
- Build dashboards to calculate and monitor business critical and SaaS KPIs to identify trends and opportunities
- Partner with the broader finance team to support company-wide financial modeling and projects like M&A, fundraising or due diligence
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor/Master degree in related field
- 2 - 4 years of experience working in an FP&A or similar finance role
- Ability to manage ambiguity, changing priorities, and multiple deadlines
- Advanced proficiency with software tools like G-Suite and Excel
- Experience using Workday, Adaptive Planning, or equivalents
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (German is a plus)
- Experience working within the finance team of a SaaS company is a plus
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets €1,800/$2,200/£1,650 per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.