Head of CRM & Lifecycle Marketing
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts roughly 600 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
As our Head of Lifecycle Marketing you will drive our global cross-channel lead nurturing programs. You will be responsible for owning and developing strategies to nurture our B2B leads cross-channel through email marketing as well as paid activities to convert leads into Marketing (MQLs) and Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs). If you value autonomy, opportunities for growth, and have the willingness to build a team from scratch, this role is for you!
By joining the global Demand Generation team, you will directly report to the Director of Demand Generation and will have the opportunity to build a team of lifecycle and marketing automation marketers, while collaborating with regional and customer marketing teams as well as the other Demand Gen functions.
This role can be based in our North American office in New York, in our European offices (London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Cologne, Leipzig, Dresden, Chemnitz) or remote in the UK, the Netherlands or Germany.
You will be responsible for:
- Building, leading, mentoring and coaching a world-class lifecycle marketing team, including program manager, marketing automation and copywriting functions
- Owning and developing a nurturing strategies, programs and campaigns for high-potential lead, prospect and customer segments to drive demand and buying intent
- Driving and overseeing the development and execution of lead nurturing campaigns on all channels, including email and performance marketing
- Ensuring that the messaging and storytelling of our nurturing campaigns is coherent and relevant
- Further developing our reporting and data analysis infrastructure for maximum visibility into the success and impact and ROI of our lead nurturing activities
- Partnering with our Customer Marketing team to further develop a customer nurturing strategy to drive customer demand and upsell
- Partnering with our Sales, Customer, Marketing and Demand Gen teams to ensure a consistent Go-To-Market approach
- Collaborating with Design & Content Marketing teams to develop relevant content and creatives for campaigns
- 5+ years in B2B lifecycle marketing related roles, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Previous experience in owning and delivering global-scale lifecycle marketing strategies and programs
- Previous experience in leading a marketing team, with the ability to lead a distributed and remote-based global team
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot) and CRM systems (Salesforce)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make sense of data. Previous experience using Excel, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio and other data platforms are a plus
- Curiosity and passion about all things lead nurturing, email and digital marketing
- Exceptional storytelling, copywriting and verbal communication skills in English, German is a big plus
- ESOP: stock options granted through our employee stock ownership plan
- Mental & physical health programs including certified clinicians, (virtual) sports classes as well as healthy snacks and drinks
- Growth budget of €1,800 / $2,200 / £1,650 per year to spend on education & training
- Paid parental leave options for all employees
- Flexibility in working schedule and work from home
- Generous vacation days
- Exciting team building events including our big internal event, Staffbase camp
- 1 volunteers day per year to support an organisation of your choice
We are looking forward to your application!
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets €1,800/$2,200/£1,650 per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.