Head of Performance Marketing
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts roughly 600 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
As our Head of Performance Marketing you will drive the continuous growth of our global customer acquisition, while leading our performance marketing and conversion rate optimization efforts. You will be responsible for owning and developing strategies to generate and nurture qualified B2B leads through paid activities and optimise lead conversion across the marketing funnel. If you value autonomy, opportunities for growth, and have the willingness to build a team from scratch, this role is for you!
Joining the global Demand Generation team, you will directly report to the Director of Demand Generation and will have the opportunity to build a team of performance and growth marketers, while collaborating with regional marketing and sales teams as well as the other Demand Gen functions. This role can be based in our North American office in New York, in our European offices (London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Cologne, Leipzig, Dresden, Chemnitz) or remote in the UK, the Netherlands or Germany.
You will be responsible for:
- Building, leading, mentoring and coaching a world-class growth marketing team, including SEA, paid social, CRO, web experimentation and analytics functions
- Owning and developing a full-funnel paid strategy across our paid channels
- Driving and overseeing the development and execution of lead acquisition, lead nurturing and brand awareness paid campaigns
- Forecasting, monitoring and achieving customer acquisition, conversion and pipeline goals via paid channels
- Planning and allocating performance marketing budgets for maximum impact in each regional market
- Further developing our reporting and data analysis infrastructure for maximum visibility into the success, efficiency and ROI of our lead acquisition, nurturing and re-engagement activities
- Determining, setting and tracking growth metrics, goals as well as quarterly OKRs for the performance marketing & CRO team
- Driving regular exchange of insights and learnings across the performance & growth marketing functions
- Partnering with our Sales, Customer, Marketing and Demand Gen teams to ensure a consistent Go-To-Market approach
- Collaborating with Design & Content Marketing teams to develop relevant content and creatives for campaigns
- 5+ years in B2B performance marketing related roles, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Previous experience in owning and delivering global-scale performance marketing strategies and campaigns
- Extensive experience in search advertising (Google & Bing Ads, Display) and social media advertising (Linkedin, Xing, Facebook, Twitter)
- Previous experience in leading a marketing team, with the ability to lead a distributed and remote-based global team
- Experience with marketing automation platforms (Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot) and CRM systems (Salesforce)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make sense of data. Previous experience using Excel, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio and other data platforms are a plus
- Curiosity and passion about all things lead acquisition, growth and performance marketing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, German is a plus
- ESOP: stock options granted through our employee stock ownership plan
- Mental & physical health programs including certified clinicians, (virtual) sports classes as well as healthy snacks and drinks
- Growth budget of €1,800 / $2,200 / £1,650 per year to spend on education & training
- Paid parental leave options for all employees
- Flexibility in working schedule and work from home
- Generous vacation days
- Exciting team building events including our big internal event, Staffbase camp
- 1 volunteers day per year to support an organisation of your choice
We are looking forward to your application!
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets €1,800/$2,200/£1,650 per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.