HR Business Partner
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts roughly 600 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
As our HR Business Partner (People Experience Manager) you will be a key partner in supporting our department leaders and their teams across operations, staffing, and owning the employee experience.
As a digital-first company we’re remote first at the moment and will switch to a hybrid model post-pandemic, you'll split your time between working from home and one of our German (Chemnitz, Dresden, Leipzig, Berlin) or our London office.
We are looking for a people-oriented person with a background in human resources, strong communication skills and business acumen to advise and assist your internal customers.
Your tasks will include:
- Take responsibility in all administrative and operational tasks within the People Experience organisation together with your team such as drafting employment contracts, writing reference letters and taking on other administrative tasks
- Maintain and provide accurate HR information and monitor correct HR administration
- Ensure on-time payroll preparation and controlling together with your team lead, monitor and schedule individual pay actions (e.g. performance bonus, referral bonus etc)
- Provide functional expertise and full generalist HR services to the organization as well as guidance to drive employee engagement and organizational effectiveness
- Work closely and maintain relationships with external partners (e.g. benefits providers, government institutions, visa and relocation partners etc.)
- Conduct new employee orientations, feedback conversations and exit interviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or similar and 2+ years in a human resources department, ideally in a fast growing environment
- Strong communication skills in English, interpersonal skills and an ethical mindset
- Knowledge of payroll administration
- Adept to problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems
- Detail oriented and good understanding of UK HR law
- Familiarity with HR software, Workday experience is a plus
- Excellent people skills with a can-do attitude and ability to work under your own initiative with energy and enthusiasm
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets €1,800/$2,200/£1,650 per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.