Senior Workday Systems Specialist (in Dresden)
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
As our company continues to experience rapid growth, this role will support the maturity of our company systems and processes across Order-to-Cash (OTC), Record-to-Report (RTR) and Procure-to-Pay (PTP).
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering business requirements for ERP enhancements and continuously improving our finance systems. You will possess a proven track record in managing finance systems on a global scale from a technical perspective. You will collaborate with the Finance and IT teams.
In addition to technical expertise, you are an excellent communicator and collaborator, capable of working closely with internal stakeholders to build strong relationships and deliver results.
This is a permanent, full-time position reporting directly to our Senior Manager, Global Finance Transformation.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand business processes and requirements, and configure the ERP system accordingly. Customize modules and functionalities to optimize system performance and user experience
- Implement and manage data integrations between the ERP system and other applications, such as CRM, HRIS, and inventory management systems, to ensure smooth data flow and real-time updates
- Map and transform data from various sources, ensuring compatibility and accuracy within the ERP system
- Develop and maintain APIs to enable seamless communication between the ERP system and external applications, vendors, or partners
- Conduct thorough testing of ERP configurations and integrations to identify and resolve any issues or discrepancies
- Provide timely support to end-users and cross-functional teams in diagnosing and resolving configuration or integration-related problems
- Maintain detailed documentation of ERP configurations, integration workflows, and API specifications to facilitate knowledge sharing and future reference
- Ensure data security and compliance with relevant regulations during the integration process and regularly assess potential risks
- Stay informed about new releases, and ensure integrations remain intact
- Proactively identify areas for system enhancement and optimization, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to streamline process
What you need to be successful
- 7+ years of experience in implementing or optimising Financial Systems and Processes, minimum 4 years of them with Workday FIN
- Experience within a multi-national company, ideally within the software industry
- Proven track record of setting up and enhancing ERP systems technically (Workday Finance, MS Dynamics, NetSuite, SAP)
- Strong understanding of end-to-end finance processes (OTC, RTR, and PTP) and accounting principles (Finance qualifications a plus)
- Strong understanding of and ability to implement data architectures and cloud system linkages (e.g., ERP interfaces with CRM)
- Excellent project management, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, adaptable environment while staying organized and detail-oriented
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a proactive, can-do attitude
- Outstanding communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity, changing priorities, and multiple deadlines
What you'll get
- Competitive Compensation - we offer attractive salary packages including an Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Flexibility - we offer flexible working time models and the option of hybrid work, and support this with a yearly flex work allowance of €1560.
- Growth Budget - all employees get a yearly budget for external training of €1000, and one day off for growth per year (increase to two days in 2nd year).
- Wellbeing - in addition to our yearly vacation of 30 days, we’re running a 4-day-work week every year in August with full payment.
- Support - we’re offering a company pension scheme.
- Sports & Health - join our sport courses in the offices or lease a bike with Staffbase. The offices are equipped with fruits, drinks and snacks.
- Team Building - Regular team and office events including the yearly Staffbase Camp.
- Volunteers Day - you’ll get one day off per year for supporting a social project. We will donate a small amount for that project in addition.
- Employee Referral Program - one of your friends is a fit to one of our full-time openings? Refer them and get a referral bonus paid.
Beautiful Dresden is the state capital of Saxony and accommodates a central Staffbase office location. Famous sights like the "Frauenkirche" or the "Prager Straße" (great spot for a shopping tour) are just a stone's throw away from our office address.