Senior Finance Manager, Global Record to Report (in Leipzig)
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
Our rapidly expanding company, operating across diverse global territories, seeks an adept Senior Finance Manager to join our esteemed Finance Center of Operations in Chemnitz, Germany. The Record to Report (RTR) team, known for their commitment to excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement, requires a seasoned professional to lead this important function. We are looking for a candidate who possesses exceptional leadership skills, a robust financial process background, and a proven track record of driving operational efficiencies within international business context.
This is a permanent, full-time position (40 hours per week) reporting directly to our Group Financial Controller in Chemnitz.
What you’ll be doing
- Oversee and manage the global Record to Report (RTR) function, establishing scalable standards for seamless financial processes across multiple international legal entities.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, utilizing a consultative approach to tackle complex financial challenges with agility and strategic insight.
- Lead the transition to a controls-based audit framework and initiatives for a faster, more accurate month-end close within a stringent four-day window.
- Ensure precision and compliance in financial reporting, adhering to the highest standards across all internal and external reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with the Finance Transformation team as the primary owner for RTR accounting system requirements, prioritizing key deliverables.
- Mentor and lead a diverse team of finance professionals, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and innovation within the broader Finance organization (e.g. Order To Cash, FP&A, Tax & Treasury)
- Serve as a trusted advisor to internal and external stakeholders, offering valuable insights and guidance on RTR accounting matters.
- Manage the seamless integration of RTR accounting processes for new acquisitions, ensuring alignment with existing systems and policies.
What you need to be successful
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; preference for ACCA, CIMA, CPA, MBA, or relevant advanced degrees.
- Minimum of 7 years of RTR management experience, preferably in global business environments encompassing international legal entities.
- Demonstrated leadership (3+ years) and people management skills, inspiring teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- A resilient mindset and a track record of overcoming system and process challenges, particularly in transitioning to controls-based audits and achieving faster, more accurate month-end closures.
- Strong proficiency in financial reporting (IFRS), compliance, and a demonstrated commitment to driving continuous process improvements.
- Exceptional English and German communication skills, enabling effective collaboration in a global setting.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, changing priorities, and multiple deadlines.
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems (e.g., Workday, MSDynamics, NetSuite, SAP).
What you'll get
- Competitive Compensation - we offer attractive salary packages including an Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Flexibility - we offer flexible working time models and the option of hybrid work, and support this with a yearly flex work allowance of €1560.
- Growth Budget - all employees get a yearly budget for external training of €1000, and one day off for growth per year (increase to two days in 2nd year).
- Wellbeing - in addition to our yearly vacation of 30 days, we’re running a 4-day-work week every year in August with full payment.
- Support - we’re offering a company pension scheme.
- Sports & Health - join our sport courses in the offices or lease a bike with Staffbase. The offices are equipped with fruits, drinks and snacks.
- Team Building - Regular team and office events including the yearly Staffbase Camp.
- Volunteers Day - you’ll get one day off per year for supporting a social project. We will donate a small amount for that project in addition.
- Employee Referral Program - one of your friends is a fit to one of our full-time openings? Refer them and get a referral bonus paid.
Join our team and become an integral part of a forward-thinking, global organization committed to excellence, innovation, and continuous growth. If you're a proactive leader with a passion for driving transformative change within finance operations, we encourage you to apply and be part of our dynamic team.
Leipzig's charm has spread beyond regional boarders and today it is the largest city in the federal state of Saxony. Leipzig is a long-established transport and communications hub. As a centre for commerce and trade fairs that grew up at the junction between two military and trading roads, the city is today an important junction for transportation. You can find us in a co-working space at the "Alte Baumwollspinnerei" in Leipzig-Plagwitz.