Privacy Program Manager
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts roughly 600 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We are looking for a (Senior) Privacy Program Manager to drive continuous data protection improvements and constructively challenge existing privacy processes and procedures. You will improve and manage the global Staffbase privacy program to support our product and business teams in maintaining high standards in data protection. In this role your project management skills will be greatly leveraged and you will collaborate directly with all areas of our business globally. The role is available at either the Privacy Program Manager or Senior Privacy Program Manager level, depending on relevant experience.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) or part-time (minimum 24 hours per week) role for a 6-month fixed term with the potential to extend.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with the Senior Product and Privacy Counsel to develop, maintain and help scale a global privacy program to facilitate data protection compliance and monitor progress.
- Foster a positive data protection culture and drive general privacy awareness within Staffbase through various channels and projects, including our privacy heroes program.
- Oversee the implementation and use of OneTrust as Staffbase’s privacy management platform.
- Work cross-functionally with global product and business teams to map, review, and document data processing activities throughout the Staffbase Group.
- Support with conducting data processing impact assessments (DPIA), transfer impact assessments (TIA’s), and data subject requests.
- Collaborate with Staffbase’s InfoSec team to manage and improve internal data breach procedures and to ensure appropriate due diligence of vendors.
- Create data protection training material, deliver regular trainings across the Staffbase Group, and manage a global training program.
- Perform audits, privacy reviews, and proactively address potential privacy and data protection issues.
- Keep up-to-date with German, EU, and international data protection regulations.
What you need to be successful:
- Experience with privacy program management and a robust understanding of the core elements of the GDPR.
- Experience working on global privacy and data security issues.
- Experience working in an international organization in multiple legislations and varying data compliance regulations
- Proven communication, negotiation, and project management skills.
- Affinity for technology, including using and exploring different technologies, and ability to quickly learn new tools to improve work efficiency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Detail-oriented, strong business acumen, and a team player, with an ability to think creatively.
- Being comfortable in a fast paced startup environment.
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual who loves to work in a diverse and international team.
- Proficient working with Google Workspace and with Slack.
Nice to have:
- IAPP certification (such as CIPP/E or CIPM).
- Experience with implementing Onetrust or a similar data management platform.
- Experience working as a privacy program manager for a publicly traded
- Familiar with working with web tools like GSuite, Confluence, and Trello.
- SaaS or software industry experience.
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets €1,800/$2,200/£1,650 per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.