We are looking to fill a Leadership position in Quality Assurance in our team! We offer a full-time permanent contract and this role should ideally be based in Chemnitz or Dresden!
- Coordinating different levels of both internal and external, also white box and black box testing for our native Android and iOS apps' release trains. We work with an external provider for exploratory testing and you would organise, validate and delegate findings.
- Also, you make sure that test cases and automated tests are produced alongside the development of new features in our cross-functional agile development process.
- Developing and improving our agile development process where we continuously deploy our web apps as well as backend services – both in terms of efficiency and agility as well as the quality of the software we deliver.
- You drive the culture around automation of test cases and conscientious development and testing. Your team always advocates for and focuses on the customers and their needs.
- You grow our QA engineering team by the means of helping to recruit new talent while also developing the talent at Staffbase further as your provide expert leadership and technical guidance.
- You inspire the team in this exciting field of agile QA engineering by providing insights on the continuously evolving industry best practices and engage in building thought leadership. This also involves writing and speaking, including to the outside world in order to help building our technology brand.
- You have Senior experience in QA Engineering for web and mobile apps as well as test automation on different levels as you are familiar with unit, integration, end to end, performance, smoke and canary tests.
- You are familiar with tooling for QA Engineering, ideally also with Atlassian Jira.
- You have experience in working with Scrum or in an Agile environment in general.
- You have a technology and engineering background and are aware and knowledgable about industry best practices around agile testing processes and technologies: Cypress, Selenium, WebDriver, Appium, BrowserStack, BDD and CI/CD are standard vocabulary for you.
- You have experience in Release Engineering including a project management level. You are knowledgable about Release Trains and the best practices of industry leaders in app development.
- You are a reliable, structured and conscientious person and eager to continuously improve you and the people and processes around you. For that you are eager to learn about and engage in the industry’s direction at any time.
- You deeply care about shipping quality software and a frustration-free software development process.
- You are able to communicate well, also in English, to different stakeholders, including Product Owners, Developers, QA Engineers, Customer Success and actual customers as well as Senior Management – also within distributed teams.
- You are able to inspire a team of QA Engineers and are willing to share your knowledge and experience with them.
Benefits & environment
- Work with like-minded people and top tech talent.
- We try to be agile and not just do agile, our organisation, processes, architecture and tech stack is constantly evolving and improving.
- We value sustainable pace and work-life balance and we know the importance of team events outside of a work environment. Also, we value “You Build it, you run it”.
- Hackathons, meetups, coding dojos, LAN parties, laser tag, weekly talks at our Devquila and many more awesome things.
- Budget for conferences, workshop and so on. Next to that every employee gets a personal growth budget of 1800€ + 1 day (2 days after the first year).
- Notebook of your choice as well as a home office setup is of course included in the package. Same goes for drinks and snacks in our office.