We are looking for a Quantitative UX Researcher to join our growing team of product owners, designers, UX researchers and usability testers.
Our customers use Staffbase as the heart of their employee experience. This creates multiple requirements for the core product, its APIs, and the partner and integration ecosystem around it. Our team of designers and researchers works closely with our customers and their employees to understand their needs, and helps our product and development teams to provide the world's best employee experience platform.
This full-time role needs to be based in Dresden, Chemnitz or Leipzig.
Your tasks include:
- Develop data-driven research processes and mindset within the team
- Define and measure quantitative UX goals and metrics in collaboration with Designers, Qualitative Researchers, Data Scientists, and Product Managers, and draw conclusions together
- Prioritise and drive quantitative research to improve user and consumer experiences
- Conduct research using a wide variety of quantitative methods, and analyze results through the lens of UX and social science
- Analyse research results and data to gain insights and inform product and design decisions
- Present results to all relevant stakeholders, using clear, actionable, and easy to understand mediums, such as data visualisations
- Evangelise internally to empower product, design and development teams to conduct research themselves
- Professional experience as a UX Researcher, Design Researcher/Strategist or Data Scientist, alternatively a relevant background in human-computer interaction, statistics or psychology
- Excellent analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Willing to learn new methods and explore creative solutions
- Able to make complex information easily understandable for both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You’re ideally familiar with behavioural analytics tools like Hotjar, Mixpanel, Matomo, a great plus would be previous experience with relevant tech tools like SQL, Elastic Stack/Kibana
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English with ability to present projects and status reports to different teams, customers and leadership, German knowledge is a plus
- Strong personal drive, self-motivated and entrepreneurial spirit
- Team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing environment and who enjoys being in a diverse and international team
It would be great if you could submit a detailed description of your past quantitative UX research work experience!