(Senior) Accountant North America
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts roughly 600 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We would like to extend the Accounting & Controlling team within our Finance organization and we are looking for someone who can take ownership for accounting of our US entity Staffbase Inc.
As a digital first company, we offer greater flexibility in working locations. You would be able to work in a hybrid model from one of our locations in the cities of Vancouver, Kelowna, Georgia, Minnesota, Washington, Texas or California. Fully remote options available as well!
The role requires that you can build strong relationships in- and outside the company, move quickly, not be constrained by how things “used to be” and most importantly that you are ambitious, curious, and passionate about accounting in general.
- Conduct full-cycle accounting from procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, and record-to-report
- Design and implement financial controls, policies, and processes to support a growing global SaaS company
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements under IFRS for reporting and forecasting purposes
- Review balance sheet schedules and accounting records for completeness and accuracy as part of facilitating efficient and accurate month-end closes
- Lead tax compliance matters related to the filing of corporate income tax and US state sales tax
- Optimize sales tax collection, reporting, and remittance processes while regularly monitoring US sales tax nexus thresholds for emerging compliance requirements
- Assist with year-end audit requirements
- CPA or equivalent with 3+ years of related experience
- Proficient in US GAAP, IFRS is a plus
- US tax compliance experience
- Experience using Workday, Netsuite, or a similar ERP
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity, changing priorities, and multiple deadlines
- Process-driven and detail-oriented to ensure that analysis is prepared in a complete, accurate, and timely manner
- Experience working within the finance team of a Software as a Service company is a plus
- Big 4 public practice experience is a plus
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets €1,800/$2,200/£1,650 per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.