Senior Product Designer (in Berlin)
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including New York, London, Berlin and Dresden. Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 2500+ customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
At Staffbase, you will have the opportunity to help redefine the importance and purpose of internal communications in the enterprise segment. Goodbye old clunky B2B user experience, hello intuitive & innovative B2B UX design.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Product Designer to lead and own the end-to-end design process in one of our product teams.
This role will be reporting to a Design Manager.
What you’ll be doing
- Craft simple, beautiful, and functional product experiences, using Staffbase visual language and industry standards
- Co-own product discovery and influence product strategy while working closely with product managers, user research and other stakeholders
- Create user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that communicate high-level functionality
- Work with a cross-functional team to build, test, and monitor solutions for both desktop and mobile
- Write clear, concise, and conversational UX content, considering accessibility and inclusion
- Shape both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for your team and unit domain
- Shape the design strategy and drive holistic UX topics within the product design team and product organisation
- Actively drive the adoptions and constantly contribute to the Staffbase Design System in your stream’s domain, considering accessibility and scalability
What you need to be successful
- 4+ years of experience designing digital products. Experience designing for multiple platforms in an enterprise B2B SaaS is a huge plus
- Advocate for a design and product discovery process from problem to solution, with a good command of research methods, interaction design, visual design, usability testing, and monitoring
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, proficient in communication with engineers
- A great collaborator, involving not only different data points and research in design decisions, but also your product team through workshops and ceremonies and the product design team through design critiques and feedback talks
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS and understanding of web technologies like React, as well as mobile platformsStrong visual design skills and proficiency in working with Figma and/or other design tools
- Strong visual design skills and proficiency in working with Figma and/or other design tools
- Strategic product thinking manifested in a strong understanding of business goals, global product strategy, and the key objectives for your product unit domain
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive attitude with an eye on details and a mind for the bigger picture
- Experience building and scaling design systems
What you'll get
- Competitive Compensation - we offer attractive salary packages including an Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Flexibility - we offer flexible working time models and the option of hybrid work, and support this with a yearly flex work allowance of €1560.
- Growth Budget - all employees get a yearly budget for external training of €1000, and one day off for growth per year (increase to two days in 2nd year).
- Wellbeing - in addition to our yearly vacation of 30 days, we’re running a 4-day-work week every year in August with full payment.
- Support - we’re offering a company pension scheme.
- Sports & Health - join our sport courses in the offices or lease a bike with Staffbase. The offices are equipped with fruits, drinks and snacks.
- Team Building - Regular team and office events including the yearly Staffbase Camp.
- Volunteers Day - you’ll get one day off per year for supporting a social project. We will donate a small amount for that project in addition.
- Employee Referral Program - one of your friends is a fit to one of our full-time openings? Refer them and get a referral bonus paid.
The vibrant German capital is home to many small and bigger Start-Ups, cozy coffee places and edgy locations. You are a foody and a coffee lover? Our Berlin office is the place for you! Find us in our co-working office in the heart of the city in Berlin-Mitte.