Senior UX Researcher
We are looking for experienced Senior UX Researchers to join our growing UX team!
Staffbase is the leading internal communication platform with one of the most successful intranet apps in the world. We provide thousands of customers with the features they need to reach and engage their employees. Together (yes we mean you!), we can make the voices of millions of employees around the world heard. Your research drives product development in the right direction and makes our UX shine.
We love people who are keen to support the entire product development process. We are looking for someone who has broad experience with the full spectrum of research methods. Your research activities will range from generative to evaluative work, from attitudinal to behavioral studies, using qualitative and quantitative methods. If you additionally have the ability to work with minimal direction and to network proactively, you are exactly the right person to join us.
You will work closely with a team of passionate, curious, and user-centric UX Researchers and Product Designers, as well as with Product Managers and Product Leadership. Our Product team delivers the world's best internal communication platform by working closely with our customers and better understanding their needs. Our customers consider Staffbase the heart of their internal communication and employee experience.
This role will be reporting to one of our UX Research Leaders.
This is a permanent position and can be located in Berlin, Dresden, Leipzig, or Chemnitz.
What you’ll be up to:
- Use an extensive repertoire of generative and evaluative, qualitative and quantitative research methods to help build a deep understanding of our users and clients, including but not limited to field research, interviews, surveys, lab studies, remote usability testing, heuristic evaluations, and card sortings
- Make sure the right research questions are asked and guide the product teams to take action aligned with your research findings - inspire them and help them develop solutions that delight our customers
- Proactively identify knowledge gaps, opportunities, and risky assumptions across the product and provide research to address them
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Design Leadership to ensure that your research findings provide your colleagues with the insights to make user- and data-informed decisions
- Be the voice of our users and customers, ensuring that we are constantly solving real problems for them while delivering high-quality, delightful experiences
- Create and implement long-term research plans that align with and support business strategy and user experience goals
- Engage various stakeholders and bring people together in structured workshops and activities to organize research questions, communicate your research findings, or build UX deliverables
- Provide mentorship to product designers and product owners to grow the practice of research within the product team
What you’ll come with:
- 5+ years conducting UX Research studies, ideally in a B2B SaaS environment or similar
- Autonomously organize yourself, taking full ownership of and responsibility for your work
- Ability to plan, conduct and analyze mixed methods research that effectively combines quantitative and qualitative research
- Experience conducting a variety of strategic research studies (like generative and explanatory research)
- Excellent communicator, speaking with technical or non-technical people alike, both verbally and written English
- Nice to have: Experience with mentorship and/or running research enablement programs
We would love to see an online portfolio or document that demonstrates your past work experience and deliverables (e.g. case studies, user research reports, presentations, workshop content etc.)
We understand that new colleagues come in all different designs and shapes. Even if you don’t cover all points, we’d love to hear from you!