Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts roughly 600 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
As our SEO Manager you will play a crucial role in the continuous growth of our customer acquisition via organic search. You will own, develop and execute our global SEO strategy across our product website, blog, event as well as landing pages. If you value autonomy, opportunities for growth, and love to get your hands dirty with keyword research, website audits and technical optimizations, this role is for you!
Joining the global Demand Generation team you will have the opportunity to work with a team of paid search specialists, digital marketers and web developers and will collaborate closely with our Product Marketing team to exchange on keyword opportunities as well as with our content marketing team for the production of blog posts.
This role can be based in any of our European offices (London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Cologne, Leipzig, Dresden, Chemnitz, Munich) or remotely in the UK, the Netherlands or Germany.
What you'll be doing
- Owning, developing and executing our global SEO strategy to grow our traffic and lead generation via organic search
- Monitoring, analyzing and forecasting our SEO performance metrics including organic traffic, lead generation, search rankings, CTRs and page speed
- Identifying, prioritizing and leveraging SEO opportunities including keyword potential, content formats as well as technical and performance improvements
- Regularly conducting keyword research, backlink analysis, link building as well as technical, page speed, competitor and content audits
- Defining and implementing actions to optimize the search rankings and CTRs of existing content including blog articles, web pages and YouTube videos
- Aligning our keyword strategy with our evolving product offering and roadmap
- Partnering with our Website Product Manager and other website stakeholders to refine and further develop the structure and roadmap of our website content
- Partnering with our Content Marketing team in the planning, production and optimization of SEO content as well as the placement of CTAs on blog articles for lead generation
- Briefing our Web Development team on the implementation of structural, technical and page speed improvements
- Collaborating with our paid search (SEA) managers to align our bidding strategy, identify and test keyword potentials
- Staying up-to-date on the latest SEO tactics, best practises and Google updates
- Becoming the topic expert for all things SEO across the company
What you need to be successful
- 3+ years of experience in on-page, off-page and technical SEO
- Strong copywriting and verbal communication skills in English and German
- Extensive experience in keyword research, content planning, link building and page speed optimization
- Previous experience in developing global and multilingual SEO strategies
- Experience with SEO and analytics tools such as SEMrush, Sistrix, Ryte, ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Google Search Console and Analytics
- Experience with Content Management Systems including WordPress and HubSpot
- Strong analytical and reporting skills with previous experience using Excel, Google Analytics, Data Studio and other data platforms
- Good understanding of website source codes (HTML, CSS, JS)
- First experience in paid search advertising (SEA) is a plus
- Experience working with cross functional teams across content, product marketing, performance marketing and web development
- Curiosity and passion about all things SEO, web and growth marketing
- Experience in B2B or SaaS environments is a plus
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets €1,800/$2,200/£1,650 per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.