Site Reliability Engineer
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts roughly 600 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We face the challenge of incredible growth. Year after year, we're multiplying. Not only in terms of headcount and customers, but also in terms of traffic and resource usage. Our customers actively use our employee experience app on a daily basis. They rely on it, so we rely on it. We build hundreds of custom-branded apps, need to store tons of data and serve HTTP requests like warm pretzels on Oktoberfest.
To achieve this, we’re running on Kubernetes and many more from the CNCF Landscape such as Istio, Prometheus with Thanos, FluxCD or Terraform, to name a few.
Together with our development teams we operate a service oriented architecture communicating over REST, gRPC and Kafka, and store data inside multiple databases (like MongoDB, ClickHouse, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL).
Next to that we are driving topics like Incident Management or SLO reporting backed by tools we develop.
- Being Humble
- Being Fun
- Being Human
- Celebrating change
- Being eager to Learn
- Seeking Excellence
- Being Accountable
- Being Proactive
- Being Thought Leaders
What you’ll be up to
- You advance our cloud based infrastructure to tackle upcoming challenges.
- You implement automated and sustainable solutions.
- You work on our internal tooling to improve the day-to-day work of developers.
- You contribute to OpenSource projects.
What you’ll come with
- You enjoy working in a team and communicating about all the challenges and ideas, big and small.
- Able to take a different point of view.
- Familiar with the concepts of Kubernetes.
- Already been in touch with CI/CD systems and databases.
- You have a sense of what our development teams need.
- Bonus: Experience in writing software (Go would be awesome)
- 30 holidays/year
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Growth Budget of EUR 1.800 and 2 working days per year for growth activities (for workshops, conferences, certifications or anything you feel supports your professional development)
- Pension Plan
- Remote Fitness Program (HIIT and Yoga) and Mental Health Program
- Volunteer's Day (support an NGO/charity project/do something good, Staffbase will also donate to your organization of choice)
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets €1,800/$2,200/£1,650 per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.