As Engineering Manager your main mission is to get our product out of the door as effectively and efficiently as possible. We work with cutting-edge technology like React, TypeScript, Kubernetes, Kotlin and Go.
You will have to juggle what it means to be at Staffbase, founded in Chemnitz, Saxony, where some of our values are rooted in, as well as to be at Staffbase, an international and competitive start-up which battles competition in the whole world, including the Silicon Valley.Your tasks include:
- You provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team.
- You will work closely with the Scrum Masters to identify personal development paths and enable different careers.
- You facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members and inspire your team to reach new heights.
- You continuously improve our agile and DevOps way of working with key principles of Continuous Integration and Delivery while always advocating for quality.
- You will support recruiting and you will also care about our employer branding as a technology company as well as both visiting and organizing Meetups, contributing to open source and growing networks in our regions.
- You are very familiar with agile methodologies, especially Scrum and XP. While we don’t require any fancy certifications, we want you to have a good understanding of these matters and you should be ready to teach best practices.
- You have a history in and an understanding of software development and best practices around it. Using this experience you know what it takes to build quality software in today’s world.
- For that, a past as a software developer and a technical background is very helpful. It will help you to understand issues in our process as well as technology.
- Ideally, you have experience in leading people in the software industry as well
- You are a great communicator and like working with people. You care about people and their experience and you are passionate about your job.
- You are a pragmatic, flexible and agile as well as a servant leader, able to tackle multiple projects at a time.
- You care about culture in a development team and can inspire a team.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are interested in the fast-paced world of software development and follow the Silicon Valley startup world.