Team Lead Technical Engineering (North America)
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts roughly 600 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
As the Team Lead of Technical Engineering, you will be responsible for developing and overseeing the regional second-level support team (Technical Support Engineers). This position includes both leadership responsibilities as well as topic ownership within a fast-growing support team.
This role can be anywhere remote in North America, with preference in Vancouver, Kelowna or Calgary!
- Close leadership and people management of all Technical Support Engineers
- Manage complex customer escalations together with the team
- Support the team in regards to best practices, quality approaches, support, and service levels
- Plan strategic and process changes across the North American Customer Care team, together with the Global Customer Care Team
- Constantly collaborate with other departments such as Sales, Development, Product etc.
- Identify resource gaps and hire accordingly, together with the Regional leadership
- Focus on skill development and develop career opportunities
- Plan & adjust the weekly meetings, shifts & responsibilities
- You own KPIs like First Reply Time, Agent Touches and CSAT
- Develop a strong knowledge of the Staffbase platform
- Has spent time leading a call-center technical support team before, ideally in a B2B SaaS environment
- Experience in working within a customer-facing team, best in a technical service team
- Have a technical background - ideally have HTML/CSS or other code knowledge/experience or even experience troubleshooting code issues
- Experience with ticketing systems like Zendesk
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership & people management skills
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices in SaaS business is a plus
- You are a highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual who loves to work in a diverse and international team
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets €1,800/$2,200/£1,650 per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.