Technical Support Engineer
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts roughly 600 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We are growing our Customer department, which includes Customer Care Agents, Customer Success Managers, Technical Support Engineers and Frontend Developers. We are currently looking to hire a Technical Support Engineer who will play the key role in engaging and helping our customers with all upcoming technical issues together with your colleagues of the department.
This role can be based in Chemnitz (HQ), Dresden, Leipzig, Munich, Berlin or Cologne. An early step in the interview process is for you to take a technical assessment in which we will give you access to our app! If we are a match and you decide to join our amazing team, we will have a remote company and on-the-job onboarding plan in place.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with our customers after-sales department to find the best setup for our customer needs
- Provide in-detail 3rd level technical support by solving tickets and be responsible for research and development of resolutions to unknown issues
- Take ownership of support tickets and be responsible for funneling them through all process stages until a resolution has been reached
- Oversee and support technical implementation tasks of our internal Customer Success team
- Consult customers regarding our APIs, architecture recommendations and implementation approaches
- Reactively assist internal and external technical teams and evaluate issues to avoid and reduce problem occurrence
- Play a key role helping our customers as a product expert with a strategic mind and high customer-service orientation
- Develop partnership and be the main point of contact for customers in case of integration, technical solutions or security questions
- Take ownership of high priority customer issues and ensure excellent service by using problem solving approach
What you need to be successful:
- Excellent communication skills and enjoyment in working with customers directly
- Ability to understand technical concepts and effectively communicate them to non-technical people
- Comfort using the command line or application logs to narrow down issues with technical integrations on either side
- Experience with enterprise software and common concepts/integrations is a plus: SAP, Workday, Single Sign-on, Active Directory, etc.
- Knowledge about security and compliance topics in a SaaS environment is a plus
- Business fluent German and good English skills both in written and spoken
Are you up for a new challenge and the opportunity to grow? Great! Apply now, send us your profile and we will reach out to you soon. We are looking forward to connecting with you!
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets €1,800/$2,200/£1,650 per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.