At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts roughly 600 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
Staffbase is looking for a Technical Writer to join our Product Enablement team. The Product Enablement team focuses on educating our customers and internal stakeholders. With public documentation and internal learning resources the team ensures that they understand our growing product offering and can take full advantage of it.
As a Technical Writer, you will be focusing on planning, authoring, reviewing, optimising, and deploying various forms of technical documentation and product related content across a variety of audiences. You will define and create documentation content, supported by members of your team and subject matter experts across the organisation, like product managers, product designers, and engineers.
Together with your team, you will be responsible for ensuring that the documentation and release communication for all our products is concise, correct and easy to understand.
You can join us in one of our office locations (Berlin, Dresden, Leipzig, Chemnitz, Cologne, Munich) or remote within Germany.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, skim the rest and apply now.
What you'll be doing:
- Create, iterate on, and edit documentation for all new and improved features in your respective domain
- Identify and address technical content gaps across your product domain and identify where additional media or formats might be needed
- Identify and improve relevant content, identifying documentation opportunities and collaborating with teams from Product, Engineering, Product Marketing, and UX to implement updates
- Convey technically complex features in a clear and concise way, in text, image and sometimes video formats
- Collaborate with your team, continuously identifying new ways to keep our customers and internal stakeholders informed on the easiest ways to use our products
- Collaborate with your team to ensure that our documentation practices are scalable by continuously improving the existing style guide, terminology list and processes
- Drive initiatives across teams to achieve company goals with documentation collaterals
- Bring the trends and happenings in the world of technical writing to the team and provide constructive guidance to team members when needed
What you need to be successful:
- A shareable portfolio with previous writing samples
- Good written English or German skills
- Proven experience in structured writing and team-editing with a strong affinity for tech-related topics
- The ability to breakdown complex concepts into easily consumable information packages
- Bonus points if you have experience creating screencasts, infographics, and instructional videos
- Experience working in SaaS B2B start-ups, where strong documentation is key to product success, is a plus
- Experience with remote work, especially in collaboration with teams across countries and time zones
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets €1,800/$2,200/£1,650 per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.