Vice President Product Line App & Intranet
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts roughly 600 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We are looking for a Vice President to join our leadership team as the owner of the App & Intranet product unit. This group is responsible for our largest product line, delivering engaging employee communications experiences to millions of employees, communicators, and leaders across more than 600 customers worldwide. As a B2B SaaS vendor we work mostly with enterprise companies that span all industries. The unit currently consists of 15 teams totalling more than 130 employees across Product Management, UX & Design, Engineering, QA, and Technology.
In this critical role, you will be responsible for the strategy, growth, and commercial success of our largest product line; including owning the budget for your unit. Through deep collaboration with Go-To-Market teams, you will guide the best commercial approach for your product across all Staffbase regions. This role reports directly to the Chief Product Officer and will work closely with leaders in product and other departments across the organization.
This permanent role is ideally a full-time position and located in one of the team’s offices in Berlin, Leipzig, Dresden, or Chemnitz. However we are also accepting applications for other Staffbase locations in Cologne, Munich, Amsterdam, and London, as well as remotely anywhere in Germany.
What you'll be doing:
- Define the vision for your product unit and set the strategy towards leading your product’s market, while aligning with the overarching company goals and strategy
- Own the budget for the unit to achieve its goals with the necessary autonomy
- Report product and organizational performance to executive leadership and the company’s board of directors
- Monitor market trends, business analytics and key customer feedback to understand progress, inform your decisions and identify opportunities
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams to define things such as positioning, packaging, and market approach towards commercial success of your product
- Work closely with other product units, supporting teams, and global leadership to ensure alignment across the overall product organization
- Be the internal and external face of the product unit through employee communications, customer escalations, and advocating for the product at events
- Act as the ultimate escalation and decision-making instance in the unit where necessary
- Be responsible for the people and structure in your product unit, including always advocating for our values of Empathy, Growth, and Ownership, and maintaining a culture of trust and empowerment in your teams.
- Support your leadership team (Product Management, UX & Design, Engineering, and Technology experts) with strategic trade-offs and professional growth
- Participate in M&A activities relevant to your product through identification, due diligence and post-merger integration
What you need to be successful:
- Several years of experience in senior product or general management leadership roles in high-growth B2B software companies
- Ability to set clear goals and track progress based on product performance metrics, business KPIs, and financial reports; as well as report actionable results
- Track record of strong business/product sense and using data to make tough prioritization decisions
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strong sense of ownership and passion for building aspirational products in a fast-paced environment that values innovation, autonomy and adaptability
- Ability to inspire a large organization toward shared goals, while being a positive, caring, and empathetic servant leader that fosters a culture of inclusion, trust and personal growth
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills in English with ability to present complex information in easy to understand formats to different levels of audiences
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills in order to build a thorough personal network across various functions and departments of the company
Optional, but ideally you also fit some of these:
- Worked in SaaS business models catering to large Enterprise customers
- Experience in employee communications, employee experience, HR and/or mobile & web platforms
- Having practiced goal-setting & management with frameworks like OKRs
- Experience working with/in modern product organizations practicing agile development methodologies
- Ability to communicate in German language
- Worked with teams across multiple locations, time zones and hybrid/remote setups
We understand that new colleagues come in all different designs and shapes. Even if you don’t cover all points, we’d love to hear from you!
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets €1,800/$2,200/£1,650 per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.