Website Strategy Manager
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to 🦄 UNICORN 🦄 status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts roughly 600 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
As our Website Strategy Manager you will be responsible for one of our most important marketing channels, the Staffbase website. You will own, develop and execute our web marketing strategy and roadmap across our web properties. If you value cross-departmental collaboration, opportunities for growth, and you love to get your hands dirty with project management, web experimentation and analytics, this role is for you!
Joining the global Demand Generation team you will have the opportunity to work with a team of search engine and conversion optimization specialists and web developers. You will also collaborate closely with our Product Marketing, Content and Brand teams for the refinement and production of our web content.
This role can be based in any of our European offices (London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Cologne, Leipzig, Dresden, Chemnitz, Munich) or remotely in the UK, the Netherlands or Germany.
What you'll be doing
- Owning, developing and executing the content-related strategy and roadmap of our web properties
- Maintaining and further developing our multi-language web content
- Coordinating and project managing the creation process of new web pages with all teams involved, from ideation to design, implementation and go-live
- Working closely with our various Marketing teams and website stakeholders to understand requirements and manage dependencies
- Being the link between our Marketing and Web Development teams to turn ideas into requirements and user stories, while translating tech-terms for business stakeholders
- Managing and prioritizing the roadmap and JIRA backlog for our Web Development team based on stakeholder needs as well as the urgency and importance of projects
- Identifying content gaps and opportunities through user research, analytics and competitive analysis
- Monitoring and analyzing the usage of our web properties including traffic, traffic sources, engagement, conversions and behavior flows
- Partnering with our Growth Data Analyst to ensure that website events and conversions are tagged and recorded appropriately
- Partnering with our Conversion Optimization and Performance Marketing Managers to align on the website experimentation (A/B testing) roadmap and identify opportunities for conversion optimization
- Partnering with our SEO Manager to identify structural, content, technical and performance improvements to increase our organic traffic and search rankings
- Collaborating with our Product Marketing team to ensure the timely and smooth launch of external-facing product launches and content on our website
- Collaborating with our Web and Graphic Designers to ensure an excellent user experience and responsive usability of our website
- Staying up-to-date on the latest web marketing tactics, trends and best practices
- Becoming the topic expert for all things web marketing across the company
What you need to be successful
- 3+ years of experience in web marketing as well as project or product management
- Extensive experience with Content Management Systems, including WordPress and HubSpot
- Advanced understanding of responsive web design, conversion rate optimization (CRO), usability and user journeys
- Excellent stakeholder and project management skills
- Ability to talk about web technologies and work with web developers to evaluate technical solutions
- Good understanding of programming languages, IT as well as hosting infrastructure
- Experience with web analytics tools including Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager and behavior analytics tools like Hotjar or FullStory
- Strong analytical and reporting skills with previous experience using Excel, Google Analytics, Data Studio and other data platforms
- Previous experience in SEO, user research and website experimentation
- Curiosity and passion about all things web and growth marketing
- Strong copywriting and verbal communication skills in English, German is a plus
- Experience in B2B or SaaS environments is a plus
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets €1,800/$2,200/£1,650 per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
Read more about our benefits here.
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase. Read more about our policies here.