This Acceptable Use Policy is effective from 19 December 2018.
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) describes acceptable and unacceptable conduct for use by “you”, a customer or user of a Staffbase Platform, and Staffbase. If you are a customer of Staffbase, then “Staffbase” or “we” means the Staffbase group entity with which you have an agreement, otherwise it means Staffbase GmbH.
This policy may change as Staffbase grows and evolves, so please check back regularly for updates and changes. Terms that are capitalised but not defined in this Acceptable Use Policy have the same meaning as in the applicable agreement between you and Staffbase.
What happens if there is a violation of this policy? If we believe a violation of the policy is deliberate, repeated or presents a credible risk of harm to other users, our customers, the Staffbase Platform or any third parties, we may suspend or terminate your access.
In connection with use of the Staffbase Services or other Staffbase software, website or system (collectively, the “Staffbase Platform”), you must not:
- Send spam or other unsolicited commercial email, or send information that is fraudulent or is not transparent as to its source, such as “spoofing” or “phishing”;
- Use the Staffbase Platform for abusive messages, defamatory or libelous statements, hate speech, or messages that incite or threaten violence;
- Access the Staffbase Platform in order to build a similar or competitive product or service, or to copy any features, functionality, design, or ideas of the Staffbase Platform;
- Place any third-party advertisements to users within the Staffbase Platform;
- Use the Staffbase Platform in any way that could harm minors, that interacts with or targets people under the age of thirteen, or knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of thirteen;
- Use the Staffbase Platform in violation of any applicable law or regulation;
- Use the Staffbase Platform for consumer purposes, unless specifically authorized by Staffbase;
- Access any unauthorized part of the Staffbase Platform;
- Access any part of the Staffbase Platform through technologies other than those provided or authorized by Staffbase (including technologies such as automated or non-automated “scraping”, “robots”, “spiders”, or any unauthorized system that sends more request messages to the Staffbase servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time);
- Access the Staffbase Platform in violation of any export embargo, prohibition, or restriction.
- Upload, transmit, or link to viruses, worms, harmful code, malware, Trojan horses, or other harmful technology;
- Interfere with the normal functioning, integrity or operation of the Staffbase Platform;
- Circumvent any access or authentication restrictions, or otherwise attempt to compromise the security of the Staffbase Platform;
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any part of the Staffbase Platform without proper authorization;
- Access or attempt to access another user’s account(s);
- Authorize, permit, enable, induce or encourage any third party to do any of the above.
Without limiting any other remedies available to it, Staffbase may in its sole discretion suspend or terminate access to the Staffbase Platform for violations of this Acceptable Use Policy, to prevent harm to other parties, or to preserve the security, availability or integrity of the Staffbase Platform.